Download the Call for Papers as PDF , as TXT .
Call for Papers
Evolving business models are progressively reshaping ICT services and infrastructures, with a growing "softwarization" trend, the massive introduction of virtualization paradigms, and the tight integration with the physical environment. Agile, ubiquitous, pervasive, and programmable networking infrastructures are now leveraging new computation models, where the dynamic and data-driven composition of services disregards the traditional physical and administrative boundaries. Unfortunately, the evolution of cyber-security paradigms has not followed with the same pace, leading to a substantial gap in solutions capable of protecting the new forms of distributed and heterogeneous systems against an evolving landscape of cyber-threats. This is especially worrying considering that part of this overwhelming technological evolution is already encompassing critical infrastructures and industrial systems, such as smart grid components, connected cars and other merging applications within the IoT.
The predominant interspersion of lonely valuable resources with unsafe computing and communication infrastructures makes the application of security perimeter model ineffective. The traditional security tools that organizations have long relied on to protect their networks (i.e., antivirus, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls) are no longer capable of providing sufficient security guarantees against the rapid escalation of advanced persistent threats and multi-vector attacks. The growing complexity of cyber-attacks are urgently demanding more correlation in space and time of (apparently) independent events and logs, and a a higher degree of coordination among different security mechanisms.
The SecSoft workshop aims to gather together novel approaches for providing organizations the appropriate situational awareness in relation to cyber security threats allowing them to quickly detect and effectively respond to sophisticated cyber-attacks. The specific target is complementary research works on complementary cyber-security aspects for virtualized and software-defined infrastructures, including but not limited to:
- Cyber-security platforms and architectures for digital services;
- Security, trust and privacy for industrial systems and the IoT (including smart grids);
- Monitoring and advanced data collection and analytics;
- Virtual and software-based cyber-security functions;
- Orchestration and Automatic Configuration of security functions;
- Novel algorithms for attack detection and threat identification;
- Intelligent attack mitigation and remediation;
- Machine learning, big data, network analytics;
- Secure runtime environments, including trustworthy systems and user devices;
- Formal methods and policies for security and trust;
- Novel threat and attack models;
- Authentication, Authorization and Access control;
- Honeypots, forensics and legal investigation tools;
- Threat intelligence and information sharing.
Multi-disciplinary and collaborative research projects are encouraged to submit joint papers describing their integrated architectures and cyber-security platforms, with special emphasis on how they address the challenging cyber-security requirements of softwarized environments and critical infrastructures.
Interested authors are invited to submit papers according to the following guidelines:
- papers must be up to 7 pages long, including tables, figures and references;
- the style to be used is IEEE 2-column US-letter style using IEEE Conference template, and papers must be submitted in pdf format.
For more details about submission form and procedure, please check the NetSoft conference website.
- Workshop paper submission deadline:
February 12, 2021March 5, 2021 (FIRM)
- Workshop paper acceptance: March 27, 2021
- Camera-ready papers: April 11, 2021
- Workshop date: July 2, 2021
The Best Paper finalists will be invited for submission of an extended paper for peer review and potential publication in a Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
Submission Link:Papers must be submitted by EDAS. Click here to submit now.
Please check NetSoft's Publication and No-Show Policy before submitting.